The following road and lane closure notices are effective for the week of February 2-8, 2019. All schedules are weather-dependent and subject to change. Visit RIDOT’s Travel Advisories website for a full listing of statewide lane closures.
I-295/Rte. 6 Bridge Rehabilitation
As part of the I-295/Rte. 6 Bridge rehabilitation project, motorists can expect the following changes:
I-295 North and Rte. 6 West:
- Closure of the northbound service road. Access maintained to Exits 9A and 9C. Follow signed detour.
- Closure of Exit 9B. Follow signed detour.
- Lane restrictions from two to one on the ramp from Rte. 6 West to I-295 North. Delays anticipated.
- Closure of the southbound service road. Access maintained to Exits 9C and 9A. Follow signed detour.
- Minor delays anticipated on ramp from Rte. 6 East to I-295 South given closure of southbound service road.
- Closure of on-ramp from Hartford Ave. West to I-295 South. Left turn access off Hartford Ave. to I-295 South used by Hartford Ave. East traffic.
Please note: At the new traffic pattern on I-295 South, make sure you stay on the highway for Exit 9A for Route 6 to Providence. Don’t take the first exit (9C), which is now Hartford Avenue only
6/10 Interchange Project
As part of the 6/10 Interchange Reconstruction Project, motorists can expect the following changes:
- Rte. 6 East, all traffic shifted to the left just after the Hartford Ave. exit. Both eastbound and westbound lanes are narrowed and located on the westbound side of the highway.
- Rte. 6 East at Broadway, exit closed for construction for approximately 24 months. Follow signed detour.
- Rte. 10 North, from Union Ave. to the Tobey St. overpass, traffic shifts to the temporary Rte. 10 North and temporary Westminster St. ramp for approximately 24 months.
- Traffic shifts to the right on Rte. 6 West, from the Tobey St. overpass to Hartford Ave. for approximately 12 months.
- Traffic shifts on Broadway, from Barton St. to Olneyville Square for approximately 12 months.
- Traffic shifts on the Broadway and Westminster Street bridges over the highway.
Temporary Road Closures
Providence: Westminster St., from Broadway to the Rte. 10 off-ramp, will be closed for Rte. 10 demolition, Wed. and Thurs. nights from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Follow signed detour.
Providence: Blackstone St. East and West, from Allens Ave. to Eddy St., is current closed. Local access to the Women & Infants Breast Health Ctr. will be maintained.
Providence: Dorrance St., east of Dyer St. will be closed for construction through June 2019.