RI – As we prepare to transition to the new federal law – the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) – RIDE will hold community forums next month to collect public feedback and input about how we can fulfill our vision for every student. Students, parents, teachers, community members, and community leaders across the state are invited to share experiences to help inform the ESSA implementation plan for Rhode Island.
RIDE will hold five forums at locations across Rhode Island:
• Providence Area: Wednesday, November 2, at Juanita Sanchez Educational Complex, 182 Thurbers Ave., Providence (Spanish language interpretation services are available.)
• Northern Rhode Island: Wednesday, November 9, at Lincoln Middle School, 152 Jenckes Hill Rd.
• West Bay: Monday, November 14, at Coventry High School, 40 Reservoir Rd.
• East Bay: Thursday, November 17, at Portsmouth High School, 120 Education Lane
• Southern Rhode Island: Monday, November 21 at South Kingstown High School, 215 Columbia St., Wakefield
All forums will take place from 5:30-7:30 p.m.