Malaysia Identifies Passengers Traveling with Stolen Passports

Two Iranian citizens of 19 and 30 years old were traveling with stolen passports in the Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 which disappeared last Friday, Interpol said .

The men were identified as Pouri Nourmohamadi and Delavar Seyed Mohammadreza and did not have any links with terrorist organizations, as was initially suspected.

Secretary General of Interpol, Ronald K. Noble, said that the young men showed no sign of belonging to a terrorist group and they are inclined to think that the disappearance of the aircraft is not related to such attacks.

Meanwhile, the head of the Malaysian police, Khalid Abu Bakar said on Pouri Nourmohamadi that «German authorities are already in contact with his mother, who was waiting in Frankfurt, where he planned to go.»

Experts told the BBC that the presence of two people on the flight with stolen passports is a failure of airport security, but it is something that happens quite often in a region with a high degree of illegal migration.

 

After the disappearance of flight occurred on Friday night, authorities began an investigation to find possible causes of the event .

One of the first data that drew attention was that two of the passengers on Flight MH370 had boarded the aircraft with passports of Austria and Italy, which had been reported stolen and immediately alarms went off .

Some of the local authorities and the same airline attributed the cause of the disappearance to a potential terrorist attack.

However, spokesmen for the U.S. government, which sent investigators from the FBI to assist with the case, said there was no evidence that pointed in that direction yet.

One aspect that was taken into account to possibly explain why the alarm was not turned on was of a similar incident ​​when an Air India plane crashed in Mangalore in 2010 on his way to Dubai, with a balance of 158 dead, they recovered ten fraudulent passports.