LPR’s Community Excellence Awards Gala is right around the corner.
On Saturday, May 14th, 2016 Latino Public Radio will host their annual gala event.
For this year’s event we have chosen to focus on education, specifically those individuals who play a part in influencing the next generation of students, professionals, and leaders. We would like to take this year to honor and recognize those who have made strides in the Latino community and left their mark in Rhode Island’s educational landscape.
Class of 2016 Foundation Builders Recipients:
- Todd Flaherty, President & CEO of The College Crusade of RI
- Heather Tow-Yick, Vice President of Prospect & Early Admit Engagement of Teach for America
- Susan Lusi, Former Superintendent of Providence Schools
- Nancy Carriuolo, President of Rhode Island College
- Meghan Hughes, President of the Community College of Rhode Island and Former Executive Director of Year Up
- Frances Gallo, Former Superintendent of Central Falls Schools
- Julie Nora, Director of International Charter School
- Keith Oliveira, Former Providence School Board President
- Jose Gonzalez, Former Director of Student Registration and Placement of Providence Schools
- Tomas Ramirez, Former Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources and Labor Relations at Providence Public Schools
Future Builders Recipients:
- Corporate Community Excellence Award
- Tim Hebert, CEO of Atrion
- Community Champion Award
- Jonathan Acosta, Dean of Culture Blackstone Valley Prep
- Community Health Champion Award
- Warren Alpert School of Medicine-Brown University
Sponsoring the Event will be:
- Care New England
- Neighborhood Health Plan of RI
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of RI
- Delta Dental of RI
- Rhode Island College Foundation
- The College Crusade
- Providence College
- Dr.Anne DeGroot of Clinica Esperanza
- Academy for Career Exploration
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Intervention Solutions Group
- Navigant Credit Union
- Women’s Care
- City of Providence, Mayor Jorge Elorza
- Teach for America
We invite everyone to join us for what is bound to be a great event.
Tickets are $150.00 per person
Stay tuned to 1290AM and look out for future emails which will contain more information.
Any support you can offer Latino Public Radio is greatly appreciated and allows us to continue providing you with programming that you love!
Sponsorship opportunities are available.
Call 401.572.3332 or 401.942.3881 or email us at email@example.com