Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island welcomes back customers to Your Blue Store locations
PROVIDENCE, RI (July 13, 2020) – With customer safety at the forefront, Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island (BCBSRI) has reopened its four Your Blue Store locations in Cranston, East Providence, Lincoln and Warwick. Customers will notice some changes, such as designated hours for older adults and limits on the number of customers permitted in the store at one time.
“Safety was our number one priority as we thought about how to best reopen our retail locations. Our customers have come to expect an incredible level of service and even with some new conditions, we intend to maintain that standard,” said Melissa Cummings, BCBSRI executive vice president and chief customer officer. “Customers will see our strong commitment to keeping everyone healthy and safe when they visit any of our Your Blue Store locations.”
Here’s what BCBSRI customers can expect when they visit Your Blue Store:
- Designated “senior only” hours will be held daily from 9 to 11 a.m. at each location.
- A front door greeting from Your Blue Store staff to determine how best to help each customer.
- Sales and service consultations available now, and clinical consultations with a nurse case manager or dietitian available in the weeks ahead.
- Fewer customers allowed in the store at one time. Occupancy is limited to six customers, including a maximum of two people in the waiting area.
- Staff and customers will need to wear a mask at all times. Customers who do not want to (or cannot) wear a mask will be offered the option of a telephonic visit.
- Frequent sanitization of areas and surfaces within the store, including desks and counters.
While group fitness classes in the store remain on hold, BCBSRI will continue to offer virtual fitness and educational programming through the BCBSRI Facebook page. In addition, because BCBSRI will not be accepting premium payments at the store, staff is able to show customers how to make electronic payments.
BCBSRI’s store on wheels – Your Blue Bus – has also returned to service and is back on the road. It will visit areas of the state that don’t have retail locations to offer bilingual sales and service.
Your Blue Store locations can be found at:
1400 Oaklawn Avenue
71 Highland Avenue
East Providence, RI
Lincoln Mall Shopping Center
622 George Washington Highway
300 Quaker Lane
For more information about any Your Blue Store location, visit bcbsri.com/yourbluestore. For resources specific to COVID-19, please visit bcbsri.com/keepinformed.