RIDOT’s Weekly Traffic Forecast
The following road and lane closure notices are effective for the week of December 29, 2018 – January 4, 2019. All schedules are weather-dependent and subject to change. Visit RIDOT’s Travel Advisories website for a full listing of statewide lane closures. Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/RIDOTnews [https://www.twitter.com/RIDOTnews] for up-to-the-minute travel information.
I-295/Rte. 6 Bridge Rehabilitation
As part of the I-295/Rte. 6 Bridge rehabilitation project, motorists can expect the following changes:
I-295 North and Rte. 6 West:
* Closure of the northbound service road. Access maintained to Exits 9A and 9C. Follow signed detour.
* Closure of Exit 9B. Follow signed detour.
* Lane restrictions from two to one on the ramp from Rte. 6 West to I-295 North. Delays anticipated.
I-295 South, Rte. 6 East and Rte. 6A (Hartford Ave.):
* Closure of the southbound service road. Access maintained to Exits 9C and 9A. Follow signed detour.
* Minor delays anticipated on ramp from Rte. 6 East to I-295 South given closure of southbound service road.
* Closure of on-ramp from Hartford Ave. West to I-295 South. Left turn access off Hartford Ave. to I-295 South used by Hartford Ave. East traffic.
Please note: At the new traffic pattern on I-295 South, make sure you stay on the highway for Exit 9A for Route 6 to Providence. Don’t take the first exit (9C), which is now Hartford Avenue only.
6/10 Interchange Project
As part of the 6/10 Interchange Reconstruction Project, motorists can expect the following changes:
* Rte. 6 East, all traffic shifted to the left just after the Hartford Ave. exit. Both eastbound and westbound lanes are narrowed and located on the westbound side of the highway.
* Rte. 6 East at Broadway, exit closed for construction for approximately 24 months. Follow signed detour.
* Rte. 10 North, from Union Ave. to the Tobey St. overpass, traffic shifts to the temporary Rte. 10 North and temporary Westminster St. ramp for approximately 24 months.
* Traffic shifts to the right on Rte. 6 West, from the Tobey St. overpass to Hartford Ave. for approximately 12 months.
* Traffic shifts on Broadway, from Barton St. to Olneyville Square for approximately 12 months.
* Traffic shifts on the Broadway and Westminster Street bridges over the highway. The lane split on the Rte. 6/10 Connector outbound has shifted one-half mile to the north of its current location. Also, traffic from the Tobey St./Harris Ave. on-ramp does not have direct access to Rte. 10 South and needs to follow a detour using Rte. 6 West. Daytime work anticipated behind barrier at the 6/10 Interchange.
Overnight Temporary Road Closure
Johnston: Rte. 6 East and West at the on- and off-ramps to I-295, road closed for bridge demolition, Wed. and Thurs. nights from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Please note: only one direction of travel will be closed at a time. Follow signed detour.
Temporary Bridge Closure
Cumberland: The Town-owned Howard Rd. Bridge, which carries Howard Rd. over Abbott Run, is currently closed. Please follow signed detour via Abbot Run Valley Rd. in Cumberland or from Paine Rd. in Massachusetts.